Translate

Friday, January 11

Say No To Suicidal Thoughts!


i have this urge to write this article due to the alarming trend of suicidal cases among the elder generation.

Sadly, most of the time suicide awareness are widely discussed when there are celebrities involved. But there are common people who does that everyday, in some part of the world that are not noticeable to our eyes.

I have experienced a live suicide when my neighbor took his life when he found that he was diagnosis with cancer. So, he wrote a letter to his sister saying that he doesn't want her to bare his cost of treatment and prefer to take his own life. He get into his car and connect the exhaust pipe inside the car and died of carbon monoxide. He was 22 years old and it was like 20 years back. 

Do i have suicidal thoughts? Yes, it is like maze filled with lot of routes and when you take the one with light , there will be a dark tunnel you need to go thru. But once you successfully pass thru that route, another dark route will appear which you think that's the end.

That's how suicidal thoughts can be. Suicidal doesn't mean you need to have cancer, doesn't mean you got everything in life, doesn't mean you are poor, having hard time and you need to end your life. Doesn't mean you been raped, robbed, ripped in life and that's it. 

I went to the internet today and the suicidal prevention shows that you need to contact the counselors, befrienders or suicidal squads. There are millions of tips to identify the sign of suicidal , prevention, how to help a suicidal person. In my opinion, most suicidal people doesn't want to talk about it because they might get judged by the society as mentally ill, marked as depressed and etc. Some of them even thinks talking to god about suicidal is not a good sign.

I have a young friend who call me at the middle night , crying saying her grades are bad and she need to end her life. I have a friend who i knew her entire of my life called me and told that she feel suicidal and planning to take her life with her children. I spoke to them about my experience and they are surprised they are not alone in the world about the problems they are facing. 

When you are thinking that suicidal is an easy solution, take a challenge to live and aspire others. You can be 10 or 60 years old, but there is always something you can do to make a living or inspire someone to be a better person. 

That's why i do a bucket list like recently i have traveled alone to Japan to overcome my anxiety. I want to do it alone and i made it. I thought planes are frightening, i thought i can't do/manage things alone. I thought that Japan will mark me as an alien. But i did that alone and i manage to break that barrier. 

Did you went thru the similar situation? Yes, many times, many many many times! How did you overcome it? Whenever i have these feelings, i remember the faggots who did bad things to me and they still alive. So i thought i need to continue living to show that i can live more than them!
Talk to people who you think you are comfortable with. Live to the fullest and live without expectations.

Live to aspire, not to expire!

#saynotosuicidal #suicidalthoughts #livetothefullest #publicspeaking #toastmaster #myself

No comments: